Happy New Year!
We are in full swing for our 2023 Black and White Gala, February 24th! It promises to be a night to remember bringing HOPE ON A PLATE to newly diagnosed cancer patients in Dallas Fort Worth. The evening will offer an exquiste meal, music, dancing, and exciting live and silent auction items. Artist Olivia Bennett will be painting live, we have one-of-a kind luxury vacations, a Vespa raffle, exquisite jewelry and much more! Visit our website for all the details. There are a few tickets left if you don’t have yours yet! We couldn’t do our work without the support of you and our generous sponsors! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
~Mimi Tran, Founder
Since the inception of our Foundation, three (3) years ago, we have been able to provide $762,693 to 288 cancer patients! We thank our generous donors and sponsors of our fundraising events.
BLACK AND WHITE GALA UPDATE
PATIENT GRANT ADVOCATE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Able to work with applicants to determine their financial needs in a caring way
- Able to provide emotional support to cancer patients
- Ability to use email and computer files (Google Drive Experience a plus)
- General understanding of health insurance
- Ability to say “No” in a caring way to patients that don’t meet our criteria.
- Can keep confidential information confidential
- Medical or health insurance background a plus but not required
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Work with patients and their health care providers to determine if the patient meets Me Squared’s guidelines to receive financial aid.
- Consult with healthcare providers to determine the amount of financial assistance to recommend and present the recommendation to the financial award committee
- Communicate the award or reason for denial to the patient
- For approved patients review bills/estimates and submit these bills for payment
- Follow up with patient as needed